Books are chief instrument of Education and Library is center of intellectual life so the Dayananda Sagar University is proud of good and comprehensive University Library with most modern facilities catering to the academic needs of the students and teaching community. The Library has a huge collection of books, along with CD's and DVD's apart from latest Journals and Periodicals. Evident from the acknowledgements and positive remarks by the visiting faculty and dignitaries, the intellectual standards are truly reflected in its high standard Library. This Library is accessible to all Undergraduates, Postgraduates, also to the Faculty and Staff. Along with this, access to e-Books and e-journals is also available through the Digital Library with about 18 dedicated ‘ThinkCentre’ systems. Our Library consists of skilled, professional and compassionate staff members who are always pleased to help the users. The Mission is to provide the best Library facility on International standards with latest equipment. The Vision is to nurture the prospective Engineering Specialty Professionals at global standards. The Goal is to achieve these standards with honesty, integrity and with spirit.
Library Working Hours: Monday to Saturday: 09:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Books lending service (Borrowing facility)
- Books reservation/renewals
- Open Access Facility
- New arrivals
- Reference/referral Service
- Digital library
- Inter library loan
- Newspaper clippings
- Current awareness service
- Total area: 10,000 Sq. ft.
- Seating Capacity: 100+
- Wi-Fi Connectivity
- Library Website
- Lift facility
Library Advisory Committee:
As per the direction of Chairperson, of the University Governing Council, the Following Library Advisory Committee is constituted for the year 2015-19.
|1||Dr. Anantha Prasad M G, Dean School of Engineering||Committee Chairperson|
|2||Dr. Johnson C David, Chief Librarian||Committee Secretary|
|3||Dr. M.K.Banga, HOD Computer Science Engineering||Committee Member|
|4||Prof. Chandrashekar Vaidyanathan, HOD Mathematics Dept.||Committee Member|
|5||Mr. Sudhakar, Finance Manager||Committee Member|
Aims and Objectives:
- To strengthen the efforts of the librarian in planning library activities and policies.
- To take the feedback from the departments and plan for improvement and enrichment of the library.
- To act as a liaison between the library and the readers.
Powers and Functions:
The library committee ensures that proper care is taken with regard to the following.
- Allocation of funds for books and journals in various subjects.
- Framing and suggesting amendments to library code of conduct.
- Assessment of the library services provided by the library, if necessary. Suggesting improvements in library services.
|1||Dr.Johnson.C.David, M.L.I.Sc.,M.Phil.,Ph.D, M.I.S.T.E||Chief Librarian|
|2||Mr. Naveen Kumara C. M.L.I.Sc.||Asst.Librarian|
|3||Mr. Amarnath M.L.I.Sc.||Asst.Librarian|
New Additions: The New Additions to the Library is a computer generated monthly accession list announcing all new publications added to the Library. The titles in this Bulletin are displayed in the Library Notice Board. After the period is over, the displayed publications are sent to the respective shelves. During display period, the new publications cannot be borrowed but can be referred to within the Library. However, users may reserve these publications.
|Total No. of Titles||1872||1134||1632||294|
|Total No. of Volumes||7050||1960||6240||424|
|Total No. of National Journals||24||16|
|Total No. of International Journals||17||23|
|E-resources||IEEE ASCE Springer EBSCO||Helinet||Helinet||Helinet|
All the students and Staff Members are eligible to become the members of the library. Without the membership registration no documents can be borrowed.
|Category||No. of Documents||Issue period|
|Staff Members Special (Principal, Vice Principal and Directors)||5 Books/CDs/DVDs||30 days|
|Faculty members||3 Books/CDs/DVDs||30 days|
|PG Students||2 Books/CDs/DVDs||15 days|
|UG Students||3 Books/CDs/DVDs||15 days|
To get the Library membership students have to produce the below mentioned documents:
- Photo copy of the Library caution deposit receipt
- ID CARD(Smart Card)
- Stamp size Photographs (3 Nos.)
Most used and fast moving books are placed in this section. This will help our reader to find the required books easily and quickly
- Documents are issued to all eligible members as per their entitlements.
- Along with books, CDs, DVDs and educational DVDs are issued at Circulation section.
- Open access system is followed in the library. Users are free to pick any book of their choice.
After the due date of the document fine will be charged as Rs.2/- per day
The Library maintains a separate reference collection consisting of text books, rare books, Reference books, Encyclopedias, Dictionaries, Directories, Handbooks, Competitive General books like GRE, GATE, GMAT, CAT etc. The Reference Section facility is extended to the students, Staff Members and Faculty of the University.
Books Holding in the Reference Section
- Computer Science
- Electronics & Communication
- Mechanical Engineering
- Technology and Entrepreneurship
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Basic Science Books
- General Studies Books
The Library receives a total No. of 24 periodicals both National and International Journals. The titles of the periodical have been arranged as per the subject wise. Each entry of the title contains the information about the publisher, frequency, price etc. We hope that the readers will find this catalogue useful in using the current periodicals collection.
Newspapers and Magazine are a vital source of information in enlightened societies; providing the most recent information to readers. Newspapers and Magazine serve various purposes for different categories of users. Newspapers and Magazine have provided and preserved detailed records of topics, people & society, institutions, issues and events. It is of interest to both present researchers as well as having historical value. Newspaper and Magazine also play an important role in the preservation of culture of a society or a country.
Private Study Zone:
Now a day more readers prefer to sit and study in this kind of study rooms. In our library this facility is available. There are 3 rooms available for group discussion and study purpose. We also installed monitors with internet facility for the study purpose of users and also they can connect their laptops and USBs for PPT presentation.
Network printing, photocopying and Spiral Binding facility is available at the library. Reference books, old question papers and journals are allowed to take for photocopying with nominal charges.
Digital Library is housed in the Library. 18 systems are made available in the Digital library. Digital Library is a library in which collections are stored in digital formats and data accessible through the computers by users.
The digital content may be stored locally, or accessed remotely via computer networks. A digital library is a type of information retrieval system.
Operating System: Windows Services
- Downloaded articles/papers for R&D work
- Educational videos
- PPT presentations
- Scanned model question Papers
- NPTEL (National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning)
|1||DELNET (Developing Library Network)||www.delnet.nic.in Login : kndsu Password : dsu5937||
1. Inter library loan services.
2. Resource sharing.
3. Users can exchange any kind of reading materials.
4.Online union catalogue search
|2||Scanned model question papers|
|3||Library home Page||
1. Library map
2. Rules & regulations of library
3. Facilities in the library
|4||CD/DVDs||CD’s/DVD’s which have come along with journals and Books are made available in our Circulation Section||
1. Book CDs
2. Educational CD/DVDs
Open Access Free E-Books/E-Journals/Databases
|E - resources||URL|
|Directory of Open Access Books||http://www.doabooks.org/|
|Project Gutenberg - Free e-books||http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page|
|Digital Library of India||http://www.dli.ernet.in/|
|Universal Digital Library - Million Books||http://www.ulib.org/|
|Directory of Open Access Journals||http://www.doaj.org/|
|Indian National Science Academy||http://insa.nic.in/INSAuth/Default.aspx|
|Indian Academy of Science||http://www.ias.ac.in/|
|NISCAIR Research Journals - India||http://www.niscair.res.in/sciencecommunication/ResearchJournals/rejour/rejour1.htm|
|National Center for Biotechnology Inf.||http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/|
|Journal of Digital Information (JoDI)||http://jodi.tamu.edu/|
|Molecular Diversity Preservation Intl.||http://www.mdpi.org/|
- Library is fully automated with LIBSYS7LMS automation software.
- LIBSYS is integrated multiuser library management software that caters to the needs of an advanced library and information professionals.
Future automation plan: We will implement RFID technology with all the modules shortly.
Users should swipe the card before the entry and exit of the Library. It stores the usage data of the users.
- Users should bring the Smart card compulsorily.
- Swipe the Smart card to open access control door.
- Leave your bags, handbags and personal belongings at the depository/property counter.
- Do not keep valuable items inside the bags.
- Students are prohibited to carry any notebook inside the reference section except loose sheets.
- No person shall write on, damage or make any mark on any book; journal or other material belongs to the library.
- Library Documents should be handled with great care.
- Strict silence should be maintained.
- Using cell/mobile phones are prohibited.
- College dress code applies to library also.
- Eatables are not allowed inside the Library.
- The library rules are introduced to regularize the use of the library resources and will be reviewed periodically to meet the changing needs.
- This library follows Open Access System hence books taken out of the racks shall not be replaced. They should be left only on the table.
- The staff/students are must to return the books as and when they are called back by the Chief Librarian.
- Before borrowing the book, the member must make sure that the book lent is in good condition and the page numbers are intact.
- The borrower shall be responsible for any damage or loss caused to the library documents borrowed by him/her. In case a book is lost the borrower will be asked to replace the same.
- If the book/resource forms a part of a series/volume, the borrower will be charged for the replacement of the entire set. No appeal for any concession will be entertained.
- The arrangements of chair and other furniture in the reading room should not be disturbed.
- All members are requested to produce their ID card to the Library staff if required.
- All members are requested to observe complete silence inside the library.
- Library books are the nation's assets and belong to all. All users are required to protect library books against damage, mutilation, theft and other malpractices.
- The Chief Librarian reserves the right to suspend the membership of any member found misbehaving, abusing the library staff or behaving in an indecent manner.
- Eatables are not allowed inside the library.
- Damaged condition books will not be accepted from the reader. Mutilated or spoiled books will have to be replaced by the borrower.
- Loss of book has to be reported immediately at the circulation section. The fine will be calculated till the date of its return.
- Loss of Smart Card has to be reported immediately at circulation section to block the transaction.
- Duplicate card will issued on payment of Rs. 100.00
- Help to keep the book fresh and clean.
- If there is loss of borrower’s card, it should be reported to Chief Librarian.
- For replacement of lost book kindly contact at Circulation Section.
- Books are reissued only if there are no claims or reservations
- Maintain ‘Q’ at circulation section for transaction
- Borrowed book if recalled by the Librarian has to be returned immediately.
- Staff Members/Students can suggest book/periodicals/magazine for consideration for inclusion in the library
- The borrowing facility can be withdrawn or restricted in case of misbehavior or misuse of the library facility.
- The Chief Librarian, with the approval of the Library Advisory Committee reserves the right to add, delete, alter or modify any of the above rules as and when required.
Dictionaries/ Encyclopedia/ Thesaurus:
|Government of Karnataka||http://www.kar.nic.in/index.asp and http://www.karnataka.gov.in/|
|Karnataka - National Informatics Centre||http://www.kar.nic.in/index.asp|
|Karnataka Village Information||http://nitpu3.kar.nic.in/samanyam15ahiti/|
|Government of India||http://indiaimage.nic.in/|
|Government of India||http://home.nic.in/ and http://india.gov.in/|
|Government of India- Directory||http://goidirectory.gov.in/index.php|
|Karnataka Public Service Commission||http//kpsc.kar.nic.in|
|Union Public Service Commission||http://upsc.gov.in/ or http://upsconline.nic.in/|
|National Council for Teacher Education||www.ncte-in.org|
|National Council for Educational Research & Training||www.ncert.nic.in|
|Ministry of HRD (Education)||www.education.nic.in|
|Gazette - Karnataka State||http://gazette.kar.nic.in/|
|Karnataka State Council of Higher Education||http://kshec.ac.in/index.php|
|National Assessment And Accreditation Council||http://naac.gov.in/|
|UGC, New Delhi||www.ugc.ac.in|
|Common Entrance Test Cell||http://cet.kar.nic.in|
|Department of Collegiate Education||http://www.dce.kar.nic.in|
|Department of Public Instruction||http://www.schooleducation.kar.nic.in|
|Directorate of State Education Research & Training||http://www.dsert.kar.nic.in|
|Directorate of Technical Education||http://dte.kar.nic.in|
|Karnataka Veterinary, Animal & Fisheries Sciences University||http://www.kvafsu.kar.nic.in|
|Kendriya Vidyalaya Asc Centre||http://kvasc.kar.nic.in|
|Kendriya Vidyalaya, Raichur||http://www.kvraichur.kar.nic.in|
|Pre University Education||http://pue.kar.nic.in|
|State Institute of Urban Development||http://www.siudmysore.gov.in|
|Karnataka State Women University, Bijapur||http://www.kswubij.ac.in|
|Karnataka State Open University||www.ksoumysore.com|
|Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore||www.iisc.ernet.in/|
|Kannada University, Hampi||www.kannadauniversity.org/|
|Vijayanagara Sri Krishnadevaraya University||http://vskub.ac.in/|
|Karnataka Sanskrit University||http://www.ksu.ac.in/en/|
|Manipal Academy of Higher Education||www.manipal.edu/|
|Karanataka State Law University||http://www.kslu.ac.in|
|Rani Channamma University, Belagavi||http://rcub.ac.in/|
|Tumkur University, Tumkur||http://tumkuruniversity.in/|
|University of Mysore||www.uni-mysore.ac.in/|
|Karnataka Folklore University, Gotagodi, HaveriDist||http://www.janapadauni.in/introduction.html|
|National Law School of India University||www.nls.ac.in/|
|Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences||www.rguhs.ac.in/|
|Visveswaraiah Technological University||www.vtu.ac.in/|
|University of Agricultural Sciences (Bangalore, Dharwad, Raichur)||www.uasbangalore.edu.in www.uasd.edu http://www.uasraichur.edu.in|
|University of Horticultural Sciences, Bagalkote||http://www.uhsbagalkot.edu.in/|
|Karnataka University, Dharwad||www.kud.ac.in|
|Dr. GangubaiHangal Music & Performing Arts University Mysore||http://www.musicuniversity.ac.in/index.php/en/|
|National Institute of Technology Karnataka||www.nitk.ac.in/|
|Education Boards - National||http://goidirectory.nic.in/education.htm|
|Universities - Worldwide||http://univ.cc/world.php|
Learning / Course Materials
|National Program on technology Enhanced Learning - IITs and IISc||http://nptel.iitm.ac.in/|
|IGNOU - Course Materials||http://www.egyankosh.ac.in/|
|Science &Technology - Lecture Notes, Audio & Video Lectures||http://www.learnerstv.com/|
|Utah State OpenCourseWare||http://ocw.usu.edu/|
|Commonwealth of Learning||http://www.col.org/resources/crsMaterials/Pages/default.aspx|
|MIT OpenCourseWare - Free Online Course Materials||http://ocw.mit.edu/OcwWeb/web/home/home/index.htm|
|English - Kannada Dictionary||http://www.kannadakasturi.com/kasturiEnglishKanDictionary/start.asp|
|Kannada - English Dictionary||http://www.kannadakasturi.com/kasturiDictionary/start.asp|
|Gazette - Karnataka State||http://gazette.kar.nic.in/|
|Gazetteer - Karnataka State||http://www.kar.nic.in/gazetteer/dist_book.asp?pre_post=1&kan=2|
|National Portal of India||http://india.gov.in/|
|Maps of India||http://www.mapsofindia.com/|
|Parliament of India||http://www.parliamentofindia.nic.in/|
Career information resources
Dr.Johnson C David, M.L.I.Sc.,M.Phil ,Ph.D, M.I.S.T.E.
Dayananda Sagar University,
Hosur Main Road, Kudlu Gate,
Hongasandra Village, BegurHobli,
Bangalore-560068 Karnataka, India.